Friday, August 20, 2010

Cities and States- for names?

Hey! Today lets see what happens when a city/state name becomes a baby name- things get weird! For example, here you can guess 5 names of cities that are now kids' names. It's actually pretty cool and it's where I got  most of the names in the pic above. 


However it isn't like every name was totally predictable-  I never knew people were naming kids Memphis! Living in Tennessee, this is especially weird for me! I love the name Savannah- even though it is the name of a city, I don't really mind it's just too cute! Charlotte (Charlotte, North Caroline) has especially become a popular name. I really like it though and the nickname, Charlie, is also very cute. As for Brooklyn, Dallas, Houston, and Madison (also last name of a president, more on that later) I'm not very fond of them. They sound too "city-like" to me and don't really seem like a kids name.


What's your opinion on these kids' names?


~Gabby

4 comments:

American Girl Doll Hairstyles said...

In the US: I like Brooklyn (NY), Madison (WI), Austin (TX), Alexandria (VA), and Helena (MT).
Outside of the US: I like Paris, London, Milan, Vienna, and Ireland.

Phoebe said...

Of the ones you listed, I like Brooklyn, Jackson, Cheyenne, and Madison.

Claire said...

I think some of these are kind of odd, others I like.

I like Savannah, Charlotte, Cheyenne, Brooklyn, Alexandria, Jackson, Madison, Helena, and Austin.

Eva said...

I absolutely looooove the name Savannah!!! And Charlotte- but not Charlie for short.

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for commenting and please be nice. Don't say anything offensive and please don't use internet language (but LOL is fine). Thanks for commenting- I love to here what you think!