Monday, April 4, 2011

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Hey! It's has been so long since I last posted, but here are some pics of Harry Potter World! I will post more of Universal Studios and Disney later.....
We stayed at the Loews Portofino in Universal. Because of this, we got into Harry Potter 1 hour early and got Express Passes (on select rides, you can skip the lines). If you stay at a Universal hotel, definitely go one hour early- the lines fill up fast! Our hotel was gorgeous, and designed to look like Italy. 


Anyways, we go to take a water taxi to the park. It was a very cool way to get to the park! When we arrived at the park, many people were already there, but not to many so we still got there pretty fast.


To the left is a photo if the entrance to Hogsmeade. It's so cool! For those of you can't read it, it says Please Respect the Spell Limit, whatever that means.... :-P


I also was able to take some photos of the shops at Hogsmeade. They recreated dozens of stores- some you could go in and buy overpriced items, others were just for fun.


Above is a photo of Honeydukes! It's such a cool shop! You can go inside and purchase candy recreated from the books (like U-No-Poo and Honeydukes' chocolate).
Above is a photo of Gladrags Wizardwear. Although it's so cool from the outside, you can't go inside... :-(
Here is a photo of the Owl Post. You can send letters to your friends (although it was crowded so I didn't  do it) and purchase quills and owls.  
Here's a picture of Hogwarts Castle. It's so realistic! It houses the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride- a cool simulator that brings you through exclusive scenes with Harry, Ron, and Hermione and the rest of the gang as well as animitronics. 

I also went back to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at night, at it was awesome! It was less crowded and I went on one of the rides twice. It was so much fun and I so want to go again!

~Gabby

2 comments:

Munch said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Wasn't it just so much fun? I really liked Honeydukes. Did you buy a chocolate frog?

Gabby said...

Munch- Yes I did, but I haven't eaten it!

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for commenting and please be nice. Don't say anything offensive and please don't use internet language (but LOL is fine). Thanks for commenting- I love to here what you think!