Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Names!

Hey! I love the letter A! It's so cute and it seems to have billions of options. Anyways, to start off, I decided I would show you the five most popular names that start with A for girls and boys. Here they are!
Boys:                             Girls:
1. Aiden                         1. Amelia
2. Alexander                2. Ava
3. Asher                         3. Abigail
4. Andrew                     4. Addison
5. Aaron                        5. Audrey


I love the name Amelia! It's so cute and preppy and I love how it's the name of a famous aviator (Amelia Earhart). I was surprised to see this at the top of the list though, but I guess it makes sense. Mia is nick-name for Amelia and there are a lot of Mia's in the world so I'm guessing that's why. Anyways, Amelia is a Latin name.


Asher. I've never heard of this name before but it's very cute. It's a Hebrew name and means blessed an happy. This is an awesome name!


Abigail is also becoming very popular! I think there are about 3 or 4 Abigail's in my school who go by Abby. It's also another cute Hebrew name and means Joy of Father. Did you know there are 10 other spellings of Abigail?


A city in Texas is called Austin. And now kids are being called Austin all across the country! I don't mind it though, it's a pretty decent name. But I was shocked to find Austin was also a girls name! Where do people get these ideas? Anyways, it's an English name and has a very simple meaning of great.


What are some of your favorite 'A' names?
~Gabby


PS the next letter is 'T'.

3 comments:

Lexi said...

for girls
Alexis
Ava
Adalyn
Annamarie
Avery

for boys
Andrew
Austin
Arik
Alex

Eva said...

Ava- almost like mine!!!!
anything with Anna in it
also........

Arielle, Addison, Alana, Alice, Amanda, April, Alina, Anabelle, Andrea, and Angela

Eva said...

as for T names..........

Tasha, Tracy, Tabitha, Theresa, Tammy, Tara, Tessa, Ty, Tyra, Trixie

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for commenting and please be nice. Don't say anything offensive and please don't use internet language (but LOL is fine). Thanks for commenting- I love to here what you think!