Thursday, September 30, 2010

Noms français

French Names! The title to this post is French Names- in French. I practically live for French Names. Well maybe not live, but I love them! Some of my favorites include Gabrielle, Abrielle, Jaques. I love them all!

One of my favorite names would have to be Gabrielle. It is probably the most known French name. It's a feminine form of Gabriel and means God is my strength


Narcisse is also a French name! This isn't one of my favorites as it reminds me of Draco Malfoy's mother, Narcissa, in the Harry Potter Books. For that reason I would never name a child that. Anyways, it means Daffodil.


Sidney. A French, male name is ranked #846 in US births. I actually like this name although it has an odd meaning- Contraction Of St. Denys.


I love this name- Jacques! It is so pretty is a nice alternative to Jack (which is very popular). Jacques, of course, is French and has a really interesting meaning- supplanter.


And to finish off the lovely french names, I decided to go with name that could be for either gender- Cher. Cher, we all know as a singer but her name has an interesting meaning- Dear One.


What's your favorite French Name?
~Gabby

3 comments:

Claire said...

Personally, I love Gabrielle, Odette, and Joelle. I've always liked French names (except Narcisse for the same reason).

Also - I emailed you back. Can't wait to see the post!

Eva said...

I love the name Joelle! and Margaux! Do you know what the next letter will be? I'd love to give you some suggestions! I found this awesome website with tons of names!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

My favorite french name is Margaux! :)

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for commenting and please be nice. Don't say anything offensive and please don't use internet language (but LOL is fine). Thanks for commenting- I love to here what you think!