Saturday, February 12, 2011

Helena

Hey! As we are continuing on with my favorite name week, we come to Helena.


I love this name! It's so cute, sweet, classic, and just plain pretty. Helena was most popular in the 1800s and it's still growing in popular. Although it was most popular over 100 years ago, it still sounds very fresh.


Helena is a very classic name and is Greek (this is a first!) and means the simple meaning of 'Light'. Helena is also the name of Helena Bonham Carter, the actress who plays Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter movies. Although her character is a bit of a creep, she is a very amazing actress!


I first got the name Helena from the name 'Helen'. I found that I loved it when my favorite character of Nobody's Princess (an AMAZING book!) was named Helen. I then found that I loved Helena better!


~Gabby

1 comments:

Caelen said...

I've always liked the name Helena.

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for commenting and please be nice. Don't say anything offensive and please don't use internet language (but LOL is fine). Thanks for commenting- I love to here what you think!