Saturday, February 5, 2011

Presidential Names

Hey! Today, I will be talking about four very popular girls names- after presidents! A lot of times, people honor a president by naming their children with their last names. These names are becoming more and more common so I though I would write a post about it!


(let's do this from left to right)


Zachary Taylor: Taylor is a very popular name! It's #47 for girls and it's not even listed for boys! Taylor is an English name and means Tailor. This is a profession name and is simple and quite classic. I prefer it for boys more, but this name does remind me of Taylor Swift!


Ronald Reagan: I love this name! I think this soooo cute, I don't mind whether it's for boys or for girls. Reagan is #62 and not listed for boys. It's a simple Irish name meaning Little King.


James Madison: Madison is a very popular name! It became a girls name in 1984 when the mermaid in the movie Splash! chose the name 'Madison' after seeing a street named after the president. It's the most popular presidential name at #8.  It's an English name and means Son of Matthew.


John F. Kennedy: This name is the least popular name of these four, but still very popular at #74. It's and Irish name and means Ugly Head. Not the best meaning, but still a great choice. I prefer it more for boys, but it's not even listed on the boys name popularity list!


So what do you think of presidential names?
~Gabby


Also, I gave my blog a new look, do you like it?

1 comments:

Caelen said...

YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE COOLEST NAMES!!!!

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for commenting and please be nice. Don't say anything offensive and please don't use internet language (but LOL is fine). Thanks for commenting- I love to here what you think!